PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
See further Behavioural Advertising below for more information on how we use certain information to send targeted advertisements or communications and what your options are in relation to this form of tracking.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers and visitors browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING & DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. Unless we tell you differently, such third parties do not have any right to use the Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary for them to provide the tasks and services on our behalf. The third parties we currently engage include third party companies and individuals employed by us to facilitate our services, including the provision of maintenance services, database management, Web analytics and general improvement of the Site. In particular, we use the following service providers:
- Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Celery (www.trycelery.com) to process your pre-order. Celery securely stores payment information with a payment processor called Stripe, which is certified to PCI Service Provider Level 1. This is the most stringent level of certification available. Payment information is transmitted using SSL encryption.
If our business (or substantially all of our assets) are acquired by a third party, or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, Personal Information may be made available or otherwise transferred to the new controlling entity, where permitted under applicable law.
Finally, we may also share or disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your consent in order to satisfy or comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights (such as enforcing contracts or user agreements or to investigate potential violations of the same). Further, we may disclose Personal Information when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is required by and in accordance with the law.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
YOUR RIGHTS AS A EUROPEAN RESIDENT
If you are a resident of the EEA you have certain rights under European law (including under the General Data Protection Regulation) with respect to Personal Information including the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred and stored/hosted outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States and accordingly your Personal Information may be subject to compulsion of law in those jurisdictions.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us.
Shine Privacy Compliance Team
Last Updated 2018-11-22